Using hydrogeochemistry to see through cover
- Parts per trillion gold in groundwater – can we believe it and what’s anomalous - presented by James Buskard (President, Nevada Exploration) at Analytical Methods Session, Exploration 17: Sixth Decennial International Conference on Mineral Exploration
- Groundwaters in Geochemical Exploration: Methods, Applications, and Future Directions - presented by Matt Leybourne at Advances in Regional-Scale Geochemical Methods Session, Exploration 07: Fifth Decennial International Conference on Mineral Exploration
- Anomalous gold, antimony, arsenic, and tungsten in ground water and alluvium around disseminated gold deposits along the Getchell Trend, Humboldt County, Nevada – prepared by the U.S. Geologic Survey
- Field guide for mineral exploration using hydrogeochemical analysis – published by Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia
- Exploration Targeting - presented by Cam McCuaig at Plenary Session – State of the Art, Exploration 17: Sixth Decennial International Conference on Mineral Exploration
Major under cover exploration research initiatives
- UNCOVER initiative - the largest geoscience initiative in Australia’s history with goal of providing the knowledge and technology to increase the success rate of mineral exploration beneath post-mineralization cover in Australia.
- NSERC-CMIC Exploration Footprints Network – a Canadian government/academic/industrial research network focused on developing more effective tools to detect and vector to concealed and buried mineral systems to aid the mining industry in discovering the next generation of mineral systems.
Nevada geology and exploring for Carlin-type gold deposits
- The Nevada Mineral Industry 2016 - Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology Special Publication MI-2016: published annually since 1979, describes the mineral, oil and gas, and geothermal activities and accomplishments in Nevada for 2016, including: production, reserve, and resource statistics; exploration and development—including drilling for petroleum and geothermal resources, discoveries of orebodies, new mines opened, and expansion and other activities of existing mines; and a directory of mines and mills.
- Magmatic–hydrothermal origin of Nevada’s Carlin-type gold deposits – an important review of the specific geologic setting and tectonic trigger responsible for the extremely efficient transport and deposition of gold that resulted in the large number and the large size of Carlin-type gold deposits in Nevada.
- Geochemical Exploration for Gold Through Transported Alluvial Cover in Nevada: Examples from the Cortez Mine – a review of geochemical orientation surveys completed over covered Carlin-type gold deposits in the Cortez mine area designed to assess utility of geochemical applications at various scales of exploration, both drill targets at the deposit scale and “footprints” associated with deposits at the district scale, to identify and evaluate methods to discover gold under transported alluvial cover in Nevada.